It was a rainy day…..

There is something about a a rainy day that makes me want to put on a pot of coffee and stay indoors and stitch!  And that it exactly what I did!

I wanted to finish the 9th block from Sue Garman’s “Bouquets for a New Day”.  So I chose fabrics for the vase and stitched them in place.

I love the touch of embroidery on this block!  The sprigs of Baby’s Breath consists of many, many Colonial knots.

Here is the finished block!

Since I was on a bit of a roll (and it was still raining), I decided to start the next block!

First I stitched the star in place.

The leaves and vine pieces are one unit and a little tricky to prep.  I ironed the freezer paper to the wrong side of  the leaf fabric.

Then I cut around each unit leaving a scant 1/4″ seam allowance.

Using starch and a mini iron, I pressed the seam allowance in place.  The deep curves are a little challenging…but still doable!   (See below.)

I removed the freezer paper then glued all the pieces in place on the background.  They are now ready to stitch in place!

Even though I am not finished all 12 blocks, I started sewing the quilt top together.  As usual, Bruin had other plans for the blocks!


Within one’s powers; feasible: “none of the jobs were fun, but they were doable”.

Til next time……



One thought on “It was a rainy day…..

  1. Beautiful! I have seen this method used but got very frustrated when I tried it myself. I will have to try it again and be prepared to prep the pieces first, then have them ready to sew. It makes great shapes for sure! Keep up the good work!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s