Once I finish stitching my blocks, I always give them a soak in the sink with hot water and soap. I use marking pens, glue and starch on my blocks when I am working on them so I like to clean them up a bit. You can read more about that here.
So while the block was soaking, I started working on the last (!) block of Sue Garman’s “Bouquets For a New Day”. It is by far the simplest of all 12 blocks, so I should have it done in no time! The pieces are nice and big and there aren’t too many of them!
This is the fabric I am using for the backing. Bruin and I are getting it ready.
I bought the backing fabric 8 years ago and I always knew I would find a use for it! I am looking forward to hand-quilting “Boquets For a New Day”, now that the skin on the tips of my fingers has grown back and I have regained some feeling! Colleen, at Elite Quilting, is going to machine baste the three layers together for me on her longarm machine, which has me very excited! That means I don’t have to spend hours on my hands and knees basting the layers together. Life is good!
Oops! I guess I wasn’t exactly finished! I wish I could tell you that this is the first time this has happened, but, sadly, that is not the case. When I soak the block, I assume that I have stitched every piece in place. It is not until I lay it out on a towel to dry that I see that I missed a spot!
Til next time.