Onward and upward! I was eager to start the next block of The Civil War Bride Quilt, so that is what I did! First, I traced the pattern on the background with a Clover water soluble marker. Next, I made some stems using my 1/4″ bias maker, and then, I stitched them in place.
I wanted skinnier stems for the cherries, so I took the stems I made with the bias maker and folded them in half lengthwise. They are really skinny!
Next I added some leaves and a bunch of grapes….
….and then I added the pears, the strawberries and the apples….I started getting a little hungry!
Next, I stitched all of the remaining leaves in place. Jenny can hardly contain her excitement!
I added the cherries and Voila! Another completed block!
For some reason, I was craving fruit salad…so I went to the fridge and dug out a pear, some strawberries, an apple and some grapes. I did not ave any “real” cherries, but I did have some dried cherries.
I added a few pecans and had myself a very healthy snack!
Til next time….