I am really excited to be working on the next block of Sue Garman’s “Friends of Baltimore”. When I finish this block, I will be able to stitch together another row, which I can then add to my first completed row! I am going to start hyper-ventilating real soon!
First I started with the vase. The dark brown piece at the top was the first one to be stitched in place, and then the pieces below it followed.
Next, the remaining dark brown pieces were stitched in place. The long edges will be covered by the light brown sections, so the edges do not need to be turned under.
And, finally, the last section is added. The top edge looks odd, but will be covered with flowers and leaves.
Next, the handles were added and some stems and leaves. Please allow me to gush about these leaves! I fussy-cut each leaf with the lighter green “veins” running lengthwise. I am pleased as punch!
Now that the berries are in place, I can start to fill the vase with many, many flowers!
I can’t think of a better way to spend the cold winter evening than hand-quilting Sue Garman’s “Bouquets For A New Day”. Here is another completed block!
Til next time…