Once I finished both of the horses (and a nice little trough) I was ready to start the elephant. I searched through my stash for some gray fabric. I didn’t want just any gray fabric, I wanted something an elephant would be proud of! Sadly, the only gray fabric I own is a tone-on-tone that just says “blah”. So, I went shopping. And this is what I found! I am not exactly sure if it is even gray…maybe more of a brownish-gray-taupe kind of colour. The moment I laid eyes on it, though, I knew it’s destiny!
So…I did the same thing with the elephant legs that I did with the horses legs. I cut the templates into easier to manage pieces.
Next, I prepped the legs, tail and tusks.
Then came the trunk.
And the body.
And an ear!
The whole time I was working on all the body parts, I was wondering what fabric I should use for the blanket on his back. This is what I chose! Spiffy!
Til next time…
P.S. I just noticed in the photo that the elephant appears to be walking on water! I may have to rethink that!