Thanks, Gale, for the heads up!! Gale very kindly let me know that what I believed to be tomatoes are actually strawberries. Now that I think about it, I can’t remember the last time I saw tomatoes in a fruit basket! Onward and upward! I prepped the watermelon (pretty sure I nailed that one!) and the pineapple.
Next, I added a few pears and an apple.
Then, I filled in a few leaves.
Let me show you how I tackled those two-tone leaves. I love them because they are very effective! First, take a look at the pieces and determine which is the “bottom” piece and which is the “top” piece of the leaf. This photo is the “bottom” piece and it will be placed on the background first. Notice that the center is not prepped and how I angled the ends in toward the leaf.
The “top” piece is prepped all the way around the template.
So, now I place the “bottom” leaf on the background…
…and then the top.
This next area was particularly dicey, because there is so much green going on. I had to make sure that I used a variety of lights, mediums and darks, so that they did not all blend in together.
Next up! Some skinny stems…
…and some juicy strawberries. Spiffy!
Til next time….