I am trying something a little different. My daughter, who I am making “Friends of Baltimore” for, has decided that she really didn’t want another cornucopia block in the quilt. She thought maybe something with an anchor would be nice. So I started looking through all of my Baltimore books and found a block which appears more than once in different quilts. The only problem is, I want it to have the same feel and look as all the other blocks. I did a bit of searching for clip-art type drawings of birds and anchors. I wanted the floral wreath to have the same flowers and leaves as the other blocks, so I “stole” the wreath from the block with the ship and the lyre and did my own form of cutting and pasting.
Next, I coloured it. It was like being back in kindergarten! This is a rough draught. I will probably add more flowers and petals to fill the wreath out a bit.
I really had intended to have some of the fabrics prepped and ready to show, however, I must confess I have become addicted to Downton Abbey. I have the DVD set of the first three seasons and I am spending way too much time glued to the TV, with nothing in my hands (except a bowl of popcorn!) I mean, I cannot take my eyes off the screen, in case I miss something. I have even asked my family to start addressing me as “M’Lady”, but it hasn’t caught on yet!
Til next time….