I love it when a plan comes together! In my last post I explained how I was trying really hard to stay organized, which is actually very difficult for me. But my plan is working better than I hoped it would and I want to share it with you!
As I prep each piece, I glue it onto a copy of the paper pattern.
I started out pinning each piece in place but soon realized I was going to run out of pins, and, more importantly, the pattern was pinned to the ironing board and I couldn’t move it. So I started to use a glue stick and, now, life is good! I can now move the pattern!
So, once I have enough pieces prepped to complete a section, I am ready to transfer the pieces to the background. In reality, I could wait until the whole entire border is prepped before glueing the pieces onto the background, but I can’t wait that long!
So, I unstick the pattern piece from the pattern. This is the point that I remove the freezer paper template. By leaving in it, I can identify it (each piece has its own number…sort of like a paint by number picture). The other reason I leave it in is just to keep it stable.
I add a few dots of glue…
….and then pop it in place. Then I added a few more leaves and a bias stem….
…and a few more leaves and another bias stem…and Voila! Easy peasy!
This pattern piece scares me. There is very little seam allowance in between the leaf and the stem.
Let me show you how I really feel.
So this is what I do. I take my magic wand and…oh… I am pulling your leg! I take my pencil and just draw a simple line.
Now I can cut out the templates. And now I have two very manageable shapes to prep. I did the same thing with a horse’s leg. Check it out here.
Now I am very happy and I want to tell everyone how easy it is!
And then celebrate!!
Til next time…..