You know that feeling when you look at the quilt you are working on and you know there is something not quite right, but you don’t know what it is?? Well, that is the feeling I had every time I looked at the vase I am working on. I finally put my finger on it yesterday. The fern and the leaf are not only the same colour, they are the exact same value! All I see is a glob of light green, not two distinct leaves. Drat!
So this is what I did. I un-stitched what I had to so I could remove the offending leaf. The yellow circle is also stitched through the leaf so I had to remove it, too. Double-drat!
Next, I cut out a new and improved leaf. This time I checked to see that the leaves have some contrast. They do! And, then, I stitched everything back in place. Much better. (sigh of relief!)
Speaking of leaves, I have just posted another Youtube video on how to tackle those deep inner curves on the fern in this vase. You can see it here.
And, my Sunday Afternoon Applique Group met yesterday and had just a bit of Show and Tell. This is Lynn’s “Stitcher’s Garden” from a class she is taking at Country Concession, one of our local quilt shops. As you can see in my recent posts about our group, Lynn is one talented (and productive!) quilter!
The daughter of one of our members in the group is going through a round of cancer treatments. So we are doing what all quilters do when we want to show we care…we are making a quilt for her. Here are some of the blocks, and I am expecting more to be handed in by the end of the week. I’ll keep you posted on the progress of the quilt…
Til next time…