I am finally seeing some progress on a few of the quilts I am working on. As you can tell, I like to hand-applique and hand-quilt. As we all are very aware, both are time consuming, and it can be a long time before any results can be seen. So when I get close to finishing anything, I get really excited
First, I woke up yesterday with one thing on my mind. Finishing the hand-quilting on Circle of Tulips! I am sooooo close! I must admit, though, I have been in my pre-mourning stage for a week or two. I start to miss the quilt before it’s even finished and I wonder what I will do to fill the void. Sad, but true!!
So, after a couple of hours of stitching and watching re-runs of Downton Abbey, I am finished! Yippee!!
Now, I just have to bind it! The pattern for this block is available as a free download on my website.
So, now it’s time to start the right side of the vase! I added the fern and a few roses and buds.
These borders have lots (I mean lots!) of bias stems on it. So I end up with lots of short pieces. This is how I use up those tiny pieces…
I find a spot on the pattern where I can inconspicuously hide the joins. Now you see the joins….
…and now you don’t!!
To keep my (extremely unorganized) self from losing track of all those leaves and flowers, I prep them in my usual way and then I glue the pieces to the paper pattern. Also, when I cut the freezer paper shapes out, I place them on the paper pattern in the spot they will eventually be glued and stitched, just to keep everything nice and organized.
So, now I just pick up each piece and place it on the background. Easy peasy!
So…here is the right side of the border!
And, finally, the border is (almost!) finished…I just have a bit of stitching to do!
Til next time…