My initial thought was to put “Friends of Baltimore” away for a while before starting to handquilt it. You know…maybe start a new quilt….finish up a quilt or two…I just needed a bit of “space” between the quilt and I. But, for reasons I cannot explain, I found myslef in my local quilt store on Thursday buying a king size wool batt and 9 meters of unbleached muslin for the back. I came home and washed the backing and stitched it together in three equal sections. Next thing I know, I am laying the backing and batting out (with the help of my daughter) and laying the quilt on top. And then I spent the day basting the layers together. A huge job…but well worth it.
I didn’t mark the quilt because I am not sure how I am going to quilt it yet. Sounds odd, I know. To be perfectly honest, I am more concerned about how I am going to keep the cat off of it!
Til next time…