It was a rainy day…..

There is something about a a rainy day that makes me want to put on a pot of coffee and stay indoors and stitch!  And that it exactly what I did!

I wanted to finish the 9th block from Sue Garman’s “Bouquets for a New Day”.  So I chose fabrics for the vase and stitched them in place.

I love the touch of embroidery on this block!  The sprigs of Baby’s Breath consists of many, many Colonial knots.

Here is the finished block!

Since I was on a bit of a roll (and it was still raining), I decided to start the next block!

First I stitched the star in place.

The leaves and vine pieces are one unit and a little tricky to prep.  I ironed the freezer paper to the wrong side of  the leaf fabric.

Then I cut around each unit leaving a scant 1/4″ seam allowance.

Using starch and a mini iron, I pressed the seam allowance in place.  The deep curves are a little challenging…but still doable!   (See below.)

I removed the freezer paper then glued all the pieces in place on the background.  They are now ready to stitch in place!

Even though I am not finished all 12 blocks, I started sewing the quilt top together.  As usual, Bruin had other plans for the blocks!

doable/ˈdo͞oəbəl/

Within one’s powers; feasible: “none of the jobs were fun, but they were doable”.

Til next time……

Kerry

Advertisements