I am finally seeing some progress on a few of the quilts I am working on. As you can tell, I like to hand-applique and hand-quilt. As we all are very aware, both are time consuming, and it can be a long time before any results can be seen. So when I get close to finishing anything, I get really excited
First, I woke up yesterday with one thing on my mind. Finishing the hand-quilting on Circle of Tulips! I am sooooo close! I must admit, though, I have been in my pre-mourning stage for a week or two. I start to miss the quilt before it’s even finished and I wonder what I will do to fill the void. Sad, but true!!
So, after a couple of hours of stitching and watching re-runs of Downton Abbey, I am finished! Yippee!!
Now, I just have to bind it! The pattern for this block is available as a free download on my website.
I have also been making some progress on the second border of Sue Garman’s “Friends of Baltimore”. This is the left side of the vase almost finished.
So, now it’s time to start the right side of the vase! I added the fern and a few roses and buds.
These borders have lots (I mean lots!) of bias stems on it. So I end up with lots of short pieces. This is how I use up those tiny pieces…
I find a spot on the pattern where I can inconspicuously hide the joins. Now you see the joins….
…and now you don’t!!
To keep my (extremely unorganized) self from losing track of all those leaves and flowers, I prep them in my usual way and then I glue the pieces to the paper pattern. Also, when I cut the freezer paper shapes out, I place them on the paper pattern in the spot they will eventually be glued and stitched, just to keep everything nice and organized.
So, now I just pick up each piece and place it on the background. Easy peasy!
So…here is the right side of the border!
And, finally, the border is (almost!) finished…I just have a bit of stitching to do!
Til next time…