After a week of procrastinating, I have finally started the first border of Sue Garman’s “Friends of Baltimore” on Saturday. I traced the whole pattern onto my background, which did not take nearly as long as I anticipated. I like to use a Clover water-soluble marker when I trace my backgrounds. The markers come in two sizes…thick tip and thin tip. I always use the thick tip. The line is thicker (of course!) and much easier to see!
Next, I made a whole pile of leaves. Lots and lots of leaves. The leaves get stitched in place first, and then the bias stem is placed on top of the leaves, so I need to make all of the leaves first . I am trying my darndest to stay focused and organized all at the same time.
As you can see, each leaf has it’s own number. And they are actually backwards because when I print my patterns onto the freezer paper, I reverse the pattern. So…I take each leaf and match it up with the corresponding leaf on the paper pattern. A little time consuming, so when I have enough leaves to complete a vine, I yell “Bingo!” It helps to pass the time.
Once the first set of leaves was complete, I started working on the center vase. First, I did the cute little curly-cues. And then the rest of the vase.
Annabelle is coming along quite nicely. The hexies are mighty small and I am fussy cutting the fabric, so it is taking a bit of time! I love how the hexies gives just a burst of something a little different!
Til next time….